...ready for action !

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Introducing Me!

I have been nagged/convinced by a good friend to start this blog, which will be the 'story of Secret'. It will cover all the details of her early life/puppyhood, training and hopefully competing. At this stage it will be private as there are training techniques I am trying with her that I don't want advertised yet (until I see whether they work!). Later on, it maybe made public.
Anyway, to introduce myself first. My name is Kriszty and I am a veterinarian practicing in small animals in Perth, Western Australia. I am also an avid and competitive agility addict. I currently have 3 agility dogs:
Och AgCh Jess UD ADM JDM PT is my first (and heart) dog. She is a 10 year old show bred black and white border collie from a local kennel. She was bought as a family pet, and I started doing obedience and later agility to give her something to do. She turned out to be extremely talented at anything she tried, especially agility, and dominated the agility scene in WA from around 2003-2006, winning WA Agility and Jumping Dog of the Year numerous times, as well as winning states, royals, representing WA in the team for the last 5 years and so on. I will post more on Jess later as she is a very special dog- as well as doing all that she also has a congenital and inherited heart condition called a PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosis) which has meant she has had to have 2 heart surgeries and still lives with the problem.













AgCh Bellview FoxyLady CDX ADM JDM ADO JDO SPDM SDX GDX PT is my current top agility dog. 'Terra' is co-owned between myself and my previous partner. She is currently the top jumping dog in Australia (winning Masters Jumping at the last 2 nationals) and is WA's top agility dog. She is a 4 year old tri colour border collie from a local working dog border collie breeder, Bellview kennels. She is turning out to be a dream dog with a fantastic fast serious attitude on the agility course and a laid back, soft and clingy one at home! She resides with me approximately half of the week.
I will introduce Secret in the next post..