...ready for action !

Monday, July 11, 2011

Running contact fun!

I am attempting to train running contacts with both my young girls, Shimmer and Ink. I have been training Shim's running DW for a while now, obviously Ink for not as long as she is only 9 months. It is definitely the most challenging thing I have tried in dog training. Training straight running hasnt been much of a problem, the dogs both have a nice running-straight behaviour. TURNS however..ha! Complete 'nother story.
I am not happy with Shimmer's turns at this stage, so I have decided to start again with her. I will try and document on the blog how we are going, with both dogs. Here is some 'before' footage showing the problem with the turns, and both dogs current stage of training. I was not happy with the turns I was seeing at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment