...ready for action !

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pregnant!

That is Red Dog is, NOT me ha. 4 weeks yesterday from date of ovulation. Happy and scary all at once. She is going for an U/S to try and give me an idea of numbers tomorrow at our repro vet.
She has gone off her food in the last 2 days, has only eaten what I have hand fed her, and mainly when she has 'worked' for it. Apparently this is very common between weeks 3 and 4. Hopefully her appetite comes back soon, I don't like her not eating esp now pregnant. She had a good cup and a half of her biscuits this morning whilst 'working' in the park.. such a border collie.

In other news, Ink has been diagnosed with Focal/Multicentric Aquired Retinopathy (FMAR). I noticed that she was being a bit weird/spooky at night and got her vision tested by our opthamologist vet. He wasn't sure what he was seeing so I took his description of 'worm scars' etc on the retina and matched it to a list of diseases a knowledgeable BC breeder sent me, and came up with this. Basically its not that different to PRA (progressive retinal atrophy) and they don't know what causes it, or how to treat/prevent. The long and the short of it is she might go blind, in an unspecified period of time. Which is just marvelous. Mike's pretty upset about it, as she is really his dog (she drives me nuts with a lot of her behaviors!) Hopefully it is a very LONG time period before the deteriorate. I really don't think she would cope with being a blind dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment